On December 11, members of each Strategic Planning Task Group and other faculty and staff from across CBE came together for a Mapping the Universe meeting. Each Task Group has been asked to present their “map of the universe”—their scope of work; the areas they are going to address; and the definitions they are using. This scope is meant to provide the boundaries for Task Group research and work over the winter quarter.
The goals of the meeting were to:
- Present and clarify universe of exploration for each Task Group
- Discuss and delineate Task Group scope and areas of overlap
- Identify initial research scope
In total, 70 people participated in World Cafe style group discussions. Two representatives from each Task Group presented their “map of the universe” in two rounds to members of other Task Groups and others from the CBE community. After this short presentation, the group discussed the “map” and provided feedback to help refine the scope of work. After two rounds, Task Groups came together to share what they had learned from other groups and further refine their narrative.
You can see the revised Task Group narratives in the resources below.
- Mapping the Universe meeting agenda and format instruction, 12.11.2019
- TG narrative: Climate action
- TG narrative: Communications + storytelling
- TG narrative: Curriculum + pedagogy
- TG narrative: Health + well-being
- TG narrative: Humanities, Histories, Futures
- TG narrative: Interdisciplinary research
- TG narrative: Local + global
- TG narrative: Place, space + resources
- TG narrative: Social justice + equity
- TG narrative: Student experience
- TG narrative: Technology