Celebrating the Husky 100

Each year, the Husky 100 recognizes 100 UW undergraduate and graduate students from Bothell, Seattle and Tacoma in all areas of study who are making the most of their time at the UW. The Husky 100 actively connect what happens inside and outside of the classroom and apply what they learn to make a difference on campus, in their communities, and for the future. Through their passion, leadership, and commitment, these students inspire all of us to shape our own Husky Experience.

In honor of their many contributions to the University of Washington, each member of the Husky 100 is eligible to receive exciting benefits, and to participate in a range of activities and opportunities offered by the UW’s on- and off-campus partners.

The students from the College of Built Environments represent a range of disciplines and causes: Lan T Nguyen and Reese O’Craven.

Lan Nguyen, PhD student of Urban Design and Planning and Husky 100 2021 recipient

“Xin chào! In my research and practice, I center the knowledge, culture, and lived experiences of BIPOC, immigrant, and refugees in risk communication, disaster preparedness, public health, and community resilience. As a community development scholar-activist, I work in and with communities to advance social and spatial equity and justice. As an educator, I support students in the classroom and careers. My UW experience allowed me to apply knowledge to practice for social change.” – Lan Nguyen

Reese
Reese O’Craven, CEP student and Husky 100 2021 recipient

“We live in a world that is beautiful and diverse, yet deeply unequal and unsustainable. My work and academics focus on the intersection of human connection and sustainability: I intend to devote my career to moving the needle towards a future where wealth is more evenly distributed, communities are designed to be resilient and connected, environmental stewardship and sustainability are valued, and overall wellbeing and happiness are greater.” -Reese O’Craven

Congratulations to all the students selected for this year’s Husky 100 award! To learn more about their experiences, please visit the Husky 100 page.

Read More