Congratulations to this year’s graduates and also to those from 2020 and 2021! Even with all of the changes that the past two years have brought us, our community has continued to be resilient, creative, passionate, and kind.
While this year continued to challenge us, there is a lot to celebrate:
- We celebrated in-person graduation for the first time since 2019, 350 students attended the interdisciplinary CBE ceremony with over 2500 family, friends, and supporters.
- We had three students named to the 2020 Husky 100 awards and two students named to the 2021 and 2022 Husky 100 awards.
- We completed a first-ever cohort hire, bringing on 6 new faculty – which is an important part of our strategic framework to grow our capacity for collaborative interdisciplinary work with the goal of advancing climate solutions.
- And we continued to impact the broader community through work like the Nehemiah studio, work with the Duwamish Longhouse, and coastal communities facing rising sea levels.
As we wrap up this academic year, I’m looking forward to:
- Our visionary programming analysis that will look at how our college’s virtual and physical spaces and places support our goals and answer the question of ‘what are the academic work and learning spaces of the future?’
- The branding effort that will help us align our Strategic Framework with the visual identity of the college
I hope you have a revitalizing summer. See you in September.