The College of Built Environments 2022 Career Fair
The 2022 Career Fair will be virtual with Handshake. We look forward to hosting students, alumni, non-profits, and firms to this hybrid event.
Thursday, February 24, 2022, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
We expect attendance from students in Architecture, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture, Real Estate, and Urban Design & Planning.
2022 Participating Employers (updated 2/16)
- Your company or organization can choose the times, and format that work for you. You don’t need to be present for the full day.
- Cost is $200 for firms and $0 for non-profit/government.
- Handshake will allow employers to schedule both group sessions to share information about your company or open positions as well as 10-minute one-on-one time with individual students.
- Once firms have paid their career fair registration, firms may also host online information sessions or mixers (hosted on firm virtual platforms) or in person in CBE rooms. CBE will assist in coordinating your space and advertising these events to our students and alumni.
Handshake is a powerful job and internship board used by over 800 colleges and universities nationally, including the University of Washington. View step by step instructions for getting started by visiting this link.
- Student and Alumni Registration in Handshake opens February 10.
- You will have the opportunity to upload your resume on the Handshake system.
- Student & Alumni Sign-Up for 1:1 sessions begins on February 17.
Handshake Virtual Career Fairs are facilitated through sign-up/registration processes prior to the Career Fair. As available slots fill, employers may or may not have the ability to make more available. Register early and often for sessions of interest!
- Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Signing Up for & Managing Virtual Fair Sessions
- There is no cost to students or alumni
- All UW alumni are invited to use UW Career Center’s free online job system (Handshake).
- Your Handshake account remains active after you graduate. You may continue to log in using your NetID credentials. If you are an alumnus and would like to update the email address associated with your Handshake account, please email your request to email@example.com.
- If you have never had a Handshake account, you may request an alumni account by completing and submitting the Alumni Free Handshake Access
Note: Employers are added and their details change so check back frequently!
What does the day of look like?
On the day of the virtual fair, you’ll need to carefully monitor and manage the Group and 1:1 sessions that you’ve RSVP’ed for. Interactions with recruiters will take place through video platforms – embedded Handshake video for 1:1 chats and many Group sessions, with some employers hosting larger group sessions through Zoom or similar platforms.
You don’t need to download anything – the Handshake Virtual Career Fair takes place entirely within the web-based Handshake system! Please note: The Virtual Career Fair is not optimized for mobile participation.
On the day of each Handshake Fair, event hosts will also have an independent Zoom room available to provide last minute career coaching support, event troubleshooting or quick check-ins. Details available within each Career Fair entry in Handshake.
Need help? Not sure where to start? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on February 24, 2022 online. If you have questions about the CBE Career Fair please email Meegan Amen (email@example.com).