Welcome to the 2023 College of Built Environments Career Fair
The 2023 Career Fair will be both in-person and virtual with Handshake. We look forward to hosting students, alumni, non-profits, and firms to this hybrid event.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023, IN PERSON, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Gould Hall, First Floor Court, 3950 University Way, Seattle, WA 98105
Registration + Payment Link for Employers
Thursday, February 23, 2023, VIRTUAL, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Registration + Payment Link for Employers
2023 Confirmed Firms In-Person Fair
ARCO-ARCO National Construction
Barghausen Consulting Enginners, Inc.
Dahlin Architecture Planning Interiors
Environmental Works Community Design Center
Foushée and Associates Company, Inc.
Landmark Properties – Construction
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Perkins Eastman – Architecture
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
2023 Firms Confirmed Virtual Fair
Information for Employers
Wednesday, February 22, IN PERSON FAIR Employers Register Here
Thursday, February 23, VIRTUAL FAIR Employers Register Here
- Each booth is $200 for firms and $50 for non-profit/government IN-PERSON.
- Each virtual booth is $200 for firms and $0 for non-profit/government VIRTUAL.
- Attending both? $275 for firms and $50 for non-profit/government IN-PERSON + VIRTUAL
- IN-PERSON FAIR
- The in-person fair will be Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. Please stay for the full time.
- Each company’s registration will include a booth size fitting a 6′ table and two chairs.
- We ask that you arrive early for set up and be ready by 11:00 am. Gould Hall’s loading dock is at the rear/south of the building off of University Way NE for booth material drop offs.
- Paid parking is available on the street (University Way NE) as well as the UW Central Parking Garage.
- If you need to ship materials to the fair please send to:
- USPS: Box 355726, Seattle, WA 98195-5726
- Fed Ex/UPS: 3950 University Way NE, Gould Hall Room 224, Seattle, WA 98195
- Firms registering for in-person can also participate in the Thursday Virtual Career Fair at a tremendous discount so you can follow up with students you meet in person as well as expand your outreach.
- VIRTUAL FAIR ON HANDSHAKE
- The virtual fair will be Thursday, February 23, 2023, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Your company or organization can choose the time windows and format that work for you. You don’t need to be present for the full day/four hours.
- Registering for both dates is a great way to encourage students you met in person to follow up with you or others in your organization in a more intimate setting.
- The in-person employer doesn’t have to be the same person to meet prospective employees virtually!
- Handshake will allow employers to schedule both group sessions to share information about your company or open positions as well as 10-minute one-on-one time with individual students.
- Once firms have paid their career fair registration, firms may also host online information sessions or mixers (hosted on firm virtual platforms) or in person in CBE rooms. CBE will assist in coordinating your space and advertising these events to our students and alumni.
- VIRTUAL FAIR ON HANDSHAKE
- Instructions for firms registering both days:
Register for both days now. Once you are invoiced and pay the in-person career fair registration, payment will be applied to the virtual career (making payment $0). You will then be approved for the virtual registration.For government/non-profits, the price for the virtual career fair is $0 so if you wish to participate both days, simply register for both fairs now.
Information for Students & Alumni
Students attending the IN-PERSON Career Fair on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 need simply show up to Gould Court between 11:00 am – 2:00 pm to physically meet with firms. The virtual fair will add an additional element of contact both for further exploration of firms you already met and new ones that opted not to travel to Seattle. Firms interested in continued 1:1 discussions will encourage you to meet with them virtually to learn even more about you. Attending both in person and then virtually also allow firms to link to your Handshake bio and resume for easier employment follow-up.
Students Join Handshake Here for Thursday, February 23, VIRTUAL FAIR
- Student and Alumni Registration in Handshake opens February 10.
- You will have the opportunity to upload your resume on the Handshake system.
- Student & Alumni Sign-Up for 1:1 sessions begins on February 17.
Handshake Virtual Career Fairs are facilitated through sign-up/registration processes prior to the Career Fair. As available slots fill, employers may or may not have the ability to make more available. Register early and often for sessions of interest!
- Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Signing Up for & Managing Virtual Fair Sessions
- There is no cost to students or alumni
- All UW alumni are invited to use UW Career Center’s free online job system (Handshake).
- Your Handshake account remains active after you graduate. You may continue to log in using your NetID credentials. If you are an alumnus and would like to update the email address associated with your Handshake account, please email your request to email@example.com.
- If you have never had a Handshake account, you may request an alumni account by completing and submitting the Alumni Free Handshake Access
CBE Virtual Career Fair Student FAQ
Handshake Student/Alumni Help Center
Handshake Students Blog
Note: Employers are added and their details change so check back frequently!
What does the day of look like?
On the day of the virtual fair, you’ll need to carefully monitor and manage the Group and 1:1 sessions that you’ve RSVP’ed for. Interactions with recruiters will take place through video platforms – embedded Handshake video for 1:1 chats and many Group sessions, with some employers hosting larger group sessions through Zoom or similar platforms.
You don’t need to download anything – the Handshake Virtual Career Fair takes place entirely within the web-based Handshake system! Please note: The Virtual Career Fair is not optimized for mobile participation.
On the day of each Handshake Fair, event hosts will also have an independent Zoom room available to provide last minute career coaching support, event troubleshooting or quick check-ins. Details available within each Career Fair entry in Handshake.
- Need help accessing technology or wifi so you can participate in a virtual fair? Click here.
- So what IS business casual attire? Click here for ideas.
- Get your resume ready! From online resume reviewsto 1:1 coaching to DIY resources, we can help you get your resume ready for the fairs.
Need help? Not sure where to start? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on February 22 – 23, 2023. If you have questions about the CBE Career Fair please email Meegan Amen (email@example.com).